Friday, April 15, 2011

I want to live in the 80's


Who wouldn't want to dress like this all the time! The eighties was a time when anything was exceptable. One day you can be wearing a pink tutu, and the next oversized unisex, one size fits all clothing.
80s UNITS clothing
Find more 80's trends here!

If you don't like super large clothing maybe some extra extra large earrings will float your boat.


But what makes the 80's truely awesome, is the rise of Micheal Jackson. 
Thriller was released in 1983. The music video was 14 minutes long. Jackson was known for wanting his music videos to be more like short movies. He is often credited with creating the modern day music video, because before Jackson it was typical to just stand and sing in a music video.
I remember the first time I watched Thriller. That was when I most wanted to go back to the eighties. I wanted to meet the young Micheal Jackson. It was also the scariest thing I'd ever seen, (I was in elementary school give me a break), I used to have friends over to watch it and scream.

The eighties also marked the rise of the Rubix cube. I still cannot solve one. But that only makes me hate the eighties a little. If you know how to solve a Rubix cube you can have hours of fun flaunting it in other people's faces and watching the jealousy in their eyes.

Possibly the best cartoon ever invented was popular in the eighties. Those little blue guys, that my grandpa always called smores. Yes the SMURFS. I enjoy this show even in my old age. Although I never understood why that evil old man and his cat had it in for the smurfs.
Besides being a wonderful example of friendship and sharing and all things good, the smurfs are also wonderful singers. I own one of there records, and it also helps me learn about sharing. With songs like "Silly Shy Smurf" and "The Clapping and Jumping Song" I can jam out all day to the wonderful smurf voices.

To close my extremely random blog post I'd like to show you the best thing that came out of the 80's


Richard Simmons Aerobics videos.


The End

No comments:

Post a Comment